In this episode, Jessy Tohme from Lebanon takes us back to the essentials of our faith. The majority of women are burnt out, worn out, & stressed out. Sometimes we open our eyes spiritually and realize we’ve drifted from the joy and zeal we once had in Christ. Jessy reminds us of the battle we are in and the mission we signed up for when we said “yes” to Jesus.
About the Speaker:
Jessy was born in Lebanon, the country that is worldwide famous for its years of wars. She spent most of her childhood hiding with my family in shelters…By God’s grace, she became a disciple of Christ in 1999, and married her husband Moufid in 2000. God has been generous and blessed them with two adorable kids, Abigail and Andrew. Her and her husband have led a church in Lebanon for many years and now they oversee the Middle East region of our churches. She currently has her own TV show has hosted a Radio Show for 10 years. As a marriage facilitator, her main goal is to prepare couples for their marital journey and council those who are already struggling with their marriages.
Sometimes we forget that we are in a war- a spiritual battle. We open our eyes and realize we’ve drifted spiritually.
#1. Remember you are in a battle
- John 10:10- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- What has satan killed in your heart? Maybe your dreams. What has he destroyed? Maybe some of your relationships?
- We get off track when we forget that our battle is spiritual and we start battling people… we pick the wrong battle. Our enemy is not our sisters, our family, etc- it is against satan, against the forces of evil
- The battle is tough, but it is so worth it.
- We must be united in order to win this battle- he will work so hard to divide us.
- We must put our pride, our rights, our position, our earthly treasures to death- just like Jesus did… what are we willing to lose in order to gain Jesus and gain influence?
#2. Remember your enemy
- Majority of women are burnt out, worn out, stressed out.
- We can forget our mission. Our joy and zeal can be hard to find after “life gets in the way”.
- In what areas are we ignoring God’s voice in our lives?
- Mark 11:1-11: Jesus asks for a donkey… He needs a donkey to carry Him & message… Are we willing to be the donkey?
- We shift into just asking God for things instead of just be willing to do whatever He is asking of us… we need to remember our mission.
- Matthew 27:57-60
- As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away.
- How well do you care for the body of Christ? Even when you aren’t “getting anything out of it” or it doesn’t seem appealing?
#3. Keep your priorities right
- We need to delegate, but we also need to empower others around us.
- We need to prioritize loving God & Jesus, loving ourselves and caring for ourselves, & loving our families.
- This is how we avoid burn out… we can live and die happy & joyful.
Support the show (https://tithe.ly/give_new/www/#/tithely/give-one-time/678206?giving_to=Woven%20In%20Truth%20Podcast)